Thursday, November 6, 2008

Whirlwind

So my life has been...exciting, crazy, eventful...not sure what the right word is. Last Friday was our Halloween party. It was such a blast!! We had great food, and great company!! Thanks to call who came. James did in fact juggle his lit torches. The kids LOVED it!! I dare say the cutest thing was when Ammon said, "Guys be quiet....he has to concentrate!" I cracked up!! I will try to get some of the video up soon.

A little while before the party, I found out that my (paternal) grandpa had passed away. I knew that his health had declined and that he was in a lot of pain. So I'm glad that he has a release from his blind eyes, somewhat deaf ears, and pain filled body. But I still miss him. He was a wonderful man. Sariah and I flew down to Dallas, TX Sunday with my dad and sister and her husband. Where we were met by my uncle and his family who live in TX, and my aunt and her family who all flew in. It was wonderful to see family. And also meet some family for the first time. My uncle's pastor gave a wonderful memorial. First they played a slide show which really captured my grandpa. The first song was I did it my way. Which is probably the best thing he taught me. That you should be your own person and do what you feel strongly about. Everyone loved seeing Sariah. And she even let other people hold her! We then flew back Tuesday. So it is Thursday,but I still feel tired from the trip. (My sister has all the pictures, so I will get them and post them soon.)

My dad has been in chemo for a while now. And it is a battle. The trip to TX was really hard on him. With the chemo, he has been getting fevers. That means going to the hospital. Because while it could just be a side effect, it could also be more than that. So if we hadn't been in TX, he would have been at the hospital. He is a strong man. And I love him for it!

I did get to come home to a super clean house!! Thank thanks thanks to James. He cleaned up all the things from the party and had it looking awesome for me!

And now it is back to real life. Getting caught up at work. I have Enrichment tonight that I'm in charge of. Hopefully, we have a good turn out. A close friend is coming to speak so I hope it goes well. But really I just want to spend a day in bed- don't think I will get that though! hehehehe

3 comments:

Tina said...

James cleaned the house while you were gone?! That is so awesome! Good luck with RS tonight. :)

Shauna said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa! I have something that I bought for you, and so we need to hook up...or I will bring it to church with me. I don't know if I will be able to make it tonight Bill has parent teacher confernences. I second the notion for a day in bed...! We can dream.

Colton Anne said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa and I hope your dad gets better soon. I'm sure that's not what you wanted to happen after all that had already happened!