Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Life's Rough

Well, life is rough. There are always ups and downs, but sometimes you hit some rough spots and then when you think they are getting better they get rougher. Not that you can't over come, but it is rough.

The past three days Sariah has been throwing up. Sunday, she threw up everything. Monday, about half of everything. And today just lunch mostly. James was sort of sick all weekend and stayed home Monday to help me and Sariah. Then came home early today because he was back to nausea. I was sick Sunday just upset stomach and then Monday slept most of the day. Today I'm back to normally. Sariah seemed to be getting back to normal tonight so I have high hopes for tomorrow. But it is just the pits when you are all sick. So I'm cleaning up from Sariah being sick trying really hard not to add to the mess. Ugh. I was glad to be good today. And I did take her to the doctor today and she said she was okay. That she wasn't dehydrated. That we were doing all the things we should. So that was a $20 copay- that I felt was totally worth it just to help my stress level.

Some other rough spots:

Last week was my ward enrichment. So those of you who don't know, I'm the ward enrichment leader. And I thought I had a great idea to do one of finances. I have a really good friend who was James' branch president when he was in the singles ward. He gave us really worth while advice when we got married that we have used everyday since. So I asked him to come and speak. I was very excited and nervous. And afterwards really frustrated. I thought he did an EXCELLENT job. I was so glad I asked him. But I was beyond disappointed in the turn out. We had 9 people. (And that is including me!) 9!! 9!! I mean really only 9!!??!! We have had more people turn out for the home decor group. I don't know what happened. What I could have done better. I just don't know where to start to motivate people to come. Was it the topic? Did we not get the word really out? Ugh! Okay I'm trying to move on!

The rest of the roughness is just my life right now. I'm not sure I want to publically share it. Part of me thinks that I do. To just get it out. But the more dominant part just isn't sure it is a public topic. So if your curiosity is getting the best of you, call me and maybe I'll tell you. But really it is just hard. I have just felt overwhelmed with things. I almost want too many things. I know I can't have the perfect life, but it doesn't stop me from wanting it.

Okay enough of a rant. I will make another post with pictures or happy thoughts or something! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a really hard time being the enrichment leader. I used to really make a huge effort to come up with activities I thought the sisters would want or need. It felt like throwing a huge party each month. I put my heart and soul into it as well as many prayers so I would take it personally when a lot of people didn't come. I thought it reflected on me or the activity and I always felt hurt. It was probably one of the most sensitive times in my life. It's a difficult calling trying to meet the needs and desires of all the ladies and when you've put so much into it it can be disappointing and hurtful when it doesn't go as well as you imagined.
First thing...9 ladies!! I think that is a super turnout considering the turnout we get at some of our classes! That being said..you would have thought more sisters would be excited about that class especially right now.
Second thing...I hope you can get to the point where you feel good about your work and planning regardless of what others think and do. And remember the Lord knows your heart and knows your wishes for the sisters and will bless you for your efforts on their behalf.
Sorry, long comment!

Amber said...

Hey Sam! I would love to have you over to chat! I'm kind of feeling the same way you are, I think, Anyway I'd love to listen...
As for Enrichment...Sorry, I was one that didn't come. But I also didn't even know it was that night until the day before, and I already had plans. I'm out of the loop being in YW I guess. Plus, I still don't think our ward is unified at all and I think that plays a role in our turnouts...

abbycarlson said...

I feel your pain Sam! We've had the same issue with turnout to activities. I don't know what the answer is, but I know the feeling you have. All that hard work to come up with the idea, plan the activity, try to get the sisters motivated to come, and....nobody shows, or very few people show. Personally, I think 9 is an awesome number! Most of our activities have had anywhere from 1-4 people attending, so 9 is awesome! I'm a total hypocrite for saying this (and need to take my own advice) but...feel good about the 9 that came and don't dwell on those that you WISH would have come. It's hard, I know! Keep up the good work!