Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Quiet Books at my house this Wed

Okay fellow bloggers. Get crafty and come over to my house on Wednesday. I am going to host making Quiet Books. So the details are this Wed (21st) from 1-4 at my house. Let me know if you need my address. I have two patterns that we can make. One is a Seasons Quiet book here are some pics.



Materials needed for the Seasons:
5 pieces of the felt rectangles (each one is a page and 1 is for the cover) I would suggest blues or greens for 4 pages and then what ever color for the cover you would like.
1 piece of white felt
1 piece of pink felt
1 piece of red felt
1 piece of yellow felt
1 piece of orange felt
1 piece of brown felt
1 piece of tan felt
1 piece of green felt

Fasteners: This can be buttons, snaps, or Velcro. I did a mixture of the three to add variety. You will need 17 total of whatever variety. If you want exactly what I have is was 9 buttons, 2 snaps, 6 velcro pieces. For the Velcro- I would suggest the soft Velcro that is easier to sew- not the sticky kind. I don’t think it stays well enough and the stickiness then makes it hard to sew.
The other is an LDS/Church Quiet book. The link for it is
She has pictures there and what the materials are.
So come on over if you can!!


3 comments:

LA Law said...

Too fun! I wish I could be there!

Anie said...

I wish I could be there but I think I am going to try to make my own!

Lisa said...

would love to come, but have to work. How about a Thursday next time? I usually have those evenings off now since Chad is in class til 4 that day.