Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hope

This has been a very discouraging week for me. I've been tired and that makes my emotions much more raw. Tonight, I had another testimony moment that my calling at church is truly what the Lord wants me to do. I'm the Gospel Doctrine teacher. It is daunting and intimidating and wonderful and full of feeling the Spirit all at the same time. As I prepared my lesson for tomorrow, I knew that this lesson was for me personally. It is about Nephi and a discouraging time in his life. It just gave me hope again. It brought back the reminder that there is joy, that there is hope, that I need to trust in the Lord. It filled me up when I have felt so empty.

I know that God is our father, our Heavenly Father. That he knows me and is well aware of my struggles. And he is there to love me through them and to restore hope and joy in my life when I can't seem to find it myself.

Sent from Sam's iPad 2

No comments: