Thursday, February 16, 2012

Debate

I always have these debates about doing a private blog.  I do use my blog as a journal of sorts.  It is a public journal.  Although I have posted blogs that are very personal and display a lot of my inner self, I do still know this is public and so therefore hold back or don’t post everything.  But I’m a lousy journal writer.  Yes, I have a journal in my nightstand and I probably write it in about 4-8 times a year.  Usually when I’m really upset and need to let it all out.  But I realize that I should do better at just writing out my thoughts and using journaling to clear my head.  Problem being when do I make time to do this.  Often I write my blogs from my phone as I nurse Eli.  But last Sunday, I taught a lesson from Nephi when he was having a discouraging time.  One of the points was that he took time to write.  Now for the lesson this was a fairly minor point.  But for me, it really struck a cord.  I find that I’m easily overwhelmed lately and need to find more ways to release stress and anger.  I say anger and don’t mean I’m an angry person.  But I find with my hormones out of whack still that I get anger or down a lot more easily than when I’m level.  And since I’m still nursing, well yeah I’m still outta whack.  So yes this is why I need a private blog.  So I can ramble like this and not have to proofread before posting!  Smile  I believe I will try it.  Worst case scenario, I don’t ever post to it either! hehe

2 comments:

Adam and Samantha said...

You could keep this blog public, and then start a private blog/journal to keep your thoughts...that's sorta what we do_A

Tina said...

Go for it! And don't feel guilty about the hard copy journal. After all, it is not like we live in pioneer times. Why should we write like them? I bet the pioneers would have loved to toss a light tablet computer in their handcarts instead of ink, pens, and paper. Ha-ha.