Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cutting back

So we've started a no spending month for February. There are lots of articles online about doing this. The first time I heard of it was on a blog which I can't find at the moment. If I find it again I'll post the link. Anyways. I've read other articles and I think it is best if you come up with your own rules depending on your family. But the rules I'm trying to keep are:
1) no money on anything crafty
2) $50 per week on groceries
3) does not include fuel, diapers/wipes, or other actual needs- for example I'm getting my oil changed on Saturday.

The main thing for me will be to not eat out. That is a super hard one for me. I often grab lunch when I'm out running errands with the kids. I originally planned a small budget allowance for this but I'm not going to include it. I'm really just going to try hard to not eat out and make sure it is a true need if I do.

Secondly and sadly I'm going to cancel my YMCA membership for a little while. It is a pretty big monthly expense. And since my back is still on the mend and Eli is too small for daycare, I figure I will cancel for a while. We are trying to eliminate some debt and so I figure I will reevaluate in 6 months and join again if I want. But for now- I will have to find ways to work out at home.

Sent from Sam's iPhone

No comments: