Tuesday, May 6, 2008

So much to write

Well it has been a while since I have written so I probably have 5 0r 6 posts that have accumulated in my mind. Here is a short version of each:

Mowing the lawn:
Dude, I'm so out of shape!! Our lawn had gotten out of control. I kept thinking James would mow it but he has been so busy and then was sick for a week. So Thursday, it fell to me to do something. I mowed for 2 hours and got it about half way done, before the storm started to move in. We unfortunately have a bagger mower. It was a gift and we gladly accepted it, but it is a mixed blessing with a bagger. One advantage is that you can let the grass get longer and not have to worry about it accumulating on the lawn after you mow. But you have to empty the bag. And when the grass is long -as it was in this case- you have to empty it A LOT! Needless to say that every muscle in my back- and a few I didn't even know I had- hurt and ached for a few days. Wake up reality check that I need to start working out more.

Weird meeting with the Bishop
So Sunday, James goes to the bathroom during sacrament and comes back and says we have a meeting with the Bishop after church. (Who says men don't talk in the bathroom? hehe) Normally, when I hear "meeting with the Bishop" I assume that they are going to extend a calling. So I walk in all prepared that James and or I will be asked to serve. So there is small talk, he asks about us, and more small talk. I wasn't prepared for small talk so my answers were "ummm, hmmm, my favorite calling?? Is this is a prob questions? I don't know! And then....."Thanks for meeting with me." That was it. Just wanted to get to know us better. Shocker! Not that this means there isn't time for them to give us callings, but nothing yet. The oddest meeting I've ever had.

Immunizations:
These are the devil. So the nurses are like here hold your baby's hands while we jab three needles into her legs. Okay is there a better torture method! It just kills me. So Sariah had her second round yesterday as tomorrow she will be 4 months old! She did really well.. considering. She was tired and after the doctor had looked at her she fell asleep. Then about 2 minutes later the nurses come in and we have to wake her up and give her shots- She was pretty peeved. Not that I blame her- I would be too. I think next appointment James is going to have to take her and hold her arms. It just brakes my heart.

Well that is enough rambling for now!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Shots were hard for me too. I remember a nurse saying something like I should be glad b/c some of the vaccines are 3 in 1's so instead of getting just 4 shots, she could be getting 7.

Yeah, it didn't make me feel any better. They're miserable plain and simple.

Amber said...

I hate shots! And they "offer" extra shots that they don't even have to have! I don't take the extras. The required is plenty!