Thursday, May 8, 2008

Chocolate Brownies

Okay, chocolate brownies are my weakness. Well anything chocolate usually is. But Sunday, I experienced my first chocolate brownie revelation. I came home from church and told James that I felt like we should make brownies and take them to someone. I had about 3 different families in mind, but decided to ask James who he thought we should take them to. He said the Craners (which was one of the families I had thought of.) So I made them up and once Sariah woke up from her nap, I made James call and ask if we could bring them by. I always feel awkward inviting myself over to people's houses and usually make James do it for me. He is very good at inviting himself over. They told us they would accept our offer. So we went over and ate brownies and chatted for a while. Turns out that Catherine had a chocolate craving after dinner, but didn't have any in the house. So the sweet spirit was working some magic! It was fun to just hang out and talk. I wish I could casually invite myself over more often to people's houses. I always have so much fun hanging out with the people we know. But for some reason I always feel like I need "a reason" to go over or to call. I don't know why I feel like I need an excuse. I wouldn't care if people called me or stopped by just to say hi, but I feel weird when I think of doing it myself. I don't want to impose and I usually assume that people are far busier than me and probably have things going on. I guess I should just be more outgoing. Who knows, maybe I will keep having promptings to take brownies to people!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I don't know why it didn't post before . . . but I said: thank you, again, for the brownies. I think that I surprised James by how many I ate -- but I TOLD him that I was craving chocolate didn't I? Now he knows of my utter and complete lack of self control over some things. PS: you can come over anytime, but it's always safer to call first!!

Unknown said...

You've always been very good at dropping in when people need it. It must be that you are in tune with the Spirit. We should all be better about that.