Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Pause Button

Everything seems to be on pause right now for me. Just waiting for things to begin. Part of me thinks I should enjoy this time, because madness is probably just around the corner and part of me wants the madness to come so that I can just get it over with. James always reminds me to enjoy "the now." Don't live in the "when such and such happens then..." It is a constant struggle for me to do this. My nature is more to plan and look forward, but I'm trying.

This Sunday, we will begin church with our new ward. James will be gone at a ward conference, so I will be going to the new ward alone for the first time. Thankfully, I know some of the ward and won't have to feel completely alone. I'm anxious to go. To see and meet the new people. To find my place in the ward.

Someday soon we hope to have an answer on James' job situation. Although, they are leaning towards certain things, there is no decision yet. No location has been officially named and no salary offer has been made. We have mainly just stopped talking about it. There isn't anything more we can do until the company decides how things will go forward. So we go on living as normal. I have a strong urge now to go forward with painting the living room. It was my plan to do it as soon as it was warm so now is the time. I just need to decide on a color. But maybe I will start that this week- it would give me something to take my mind off all the other things that are on pause!

6 comments:

Catherine said...

I hate that "pause feeling" too. I'm with you . . . I just want to get on with it once I know a change is coming! I'm looking forward to Sunday too. I hope they make a decision with James' job offer soon.

The Wehrmeister's said...

You have great people in your new ward, but I am not one of them. You can cry a little over that one.

Kiera said...

We were on Pause for a long time while we waited for little Noah!!! ENJOY THE PAUSE! I am on a triple fast forward right now... I simply cant do all the things I need to do! Heaven Help Me!

Unknown said...

The "what ifs" and "what happens" always get me too. I think you're right to paint your front room...it's worth it even if you only live there a few months. Our ward will sure feel empty this week.

Tiffany said...

That's frustrating to hurry up and wait! I'm sure things will work out for the best for you guys. (Of course I hope it's to stay here!!!) I love your pictures you've taken of Sariah! You do such a good job. And go for the painting! It's something to keep you busy and could help your house sell if needed too. We would love for you guys to come over sometime, let me know when you guys are free. We can't this Saturday, but let me know when you're free and we'll have a dessert night or something. (And you can give me pointers on taking pictures!)

Rebecca said...

I'm still learning to "enjoy the now" as well. I love the times when I'm able to do it and wonder why I don't all the time.