Friday, November 20, 2009

Details of labor

If you don’t want the details of my labor just skip this post! :)

Our day started nice and EARLY! We had to be at the hospital at 6:00 am to check in to be induced. My saint of a sister Meg agreed to come over at 5:30 and stay with Sariah so we didn’t have to wake her up and take her to someone. I went ahead and had her take one last pregnancy picture.

IMG_0109

Yeah I was definitely ready to have that baby!

So off to the hospital it was. Did all our checking in and answering questions and then started Pitocin and breaking my water about 7:30 or 8. From there everything went really fast (especially compared to Sariah’s 14 hour labor!) I got my WONDERFUL epidural at 10:00. The guy was a PRO! Even the nurse said it was the fastest she’s ever seen one done. The guy said I had “good anatomy”. James was like yeah I tell her that all the time! Thanks honey! hehehe

So at 11:00, I was dilated to a 6 and told James and my dad to get lunch now or forever hold their peace! They ran to the hospital cafeteria for a quick bite. A little while later I told my nurse that I could feel the pressure now but still wasn’t in pain. She said if I felt the urge to push to let her know. I really didn’t think anything of it, because with Sariah, my epidural wore off partially so when I transitioned and was ready to push I was in a pain. So we went a little longer and I told her that yes I was still having pressure and she said she wanted to check me and just see where I was. Well I was COMPLETE! Yep ready to push and still felt great!

James started to look panicked at this point because he remembered the pain I was in with Sariah. But this time was nice and painless- LOVE LOVE LOVED my epidural this time. Even my doctor said I made it look easy. Benjamin was officially born at 12:52 pm. So if I could have this labor experience every time I would take it in a heart beat!

No comments: