Then I tried my hand at a covered wipes case. I've seen these all over etsy and have heard all it really takes is some hot glue. This is the one I did for the shower:
And then the other night I wanted to make one for myself. I went to the store for a new case to use. The prices make no sense! To get a Huggies case that comes with wipes in it is about $1. To get a plain case with no wipes is $2 or more. So I of course spent the lesser amount for the Huggies case. I found some covered ones that let you still use the flap part and I tried to do that first:
I really just didn't like how it was turning out. I couldn't get the ribbon to lay right and didn't like the divided look. What I think is so cute is that they look like a little clutch and you just can't get that with using the flap. So I decided that I didn't care if the flap was usable and just went ahead and covered it up to make the below case:
I think both turned out pretty cute! And I spent next to nothing to make it. I found the fabric in the remnant section and you need so little! I think I spent about $.60 for the fabric- and could have used that to make 2-3 if I wanted. So I have a few other fabrics to try out. They really aren't hard and turn out pretty cute- I think!