Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The stocking photos

Okay, if you are a Mayo these photos will need no explanation, but for those of you who aren't here is the deal.

First, my mom started the tradition of making us stockings when we were born. She made them out of whatever yarn she had and all of ours are different. Since then she has been making stockings for each new in law and all the grandkids. She stopped putting names on them a while back, and so now we have to. After spending much of my Saturday putting James (yes I've had his for a while and never added the name) and Sariah's names on their stockings, I know why she stopped doing it. It took forever!! But here are our stockings:


The next tradition- I don't know when it started. I think with the first grandkid? Maybe my siblings can tell me. But it is another family tradition that you get your photo taken in your stocking on your first Christmas as a baby. So Sariah just barely missed the cut last year. So she is pretty big for her stocking but luckily they stretch really well. Here are her stocking pictures for her first Christmas:














And of course since she is older, part way through doing pictures she decided it was getting boring just sitting there. So we had a run away baby- stocking and all!


2 comments:

Tina said...

James says: The stocking photos started at least as long ago as me--becaus Mom & Dad have a picture of me in my stocking. ;)

Unknown said...

My girls are lucky recipients of your mom's stockings. They are one of my favorite Christmas decorations. I had one very similar to them growing up and they are the best because they stretch!