Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Finally done with the painting

So many of you have seen this in its various stages. A while back I got the painting bug. I decided to do some canvases which I posted on the blog earlier. With those turning out okay, I decided to get more adventurous and paint right on the wall. There was an empty wall in my master bedroom that I had wanted to do something with for a while. The problem was that it is our walkway around the bed and I didn't want something that would stick way out. So I decided to paint on it to add some more character to the room.



Here is the picture that I took the idea from:

Inspiration Art:
Then came the humble beginnings. With a pencil sketch and starting to paint:




Here it is almost done (without the darker outline):



And finally I finished it last week: (Total it took about 3 months of slowly working at it just 5 minutes here and there)

And here are some snaps up close of various parts:










So even though it seemed to take forever, I love it. It just adds more to the room. And of course I love to be able to say I did it myself!

7 comments:

Kiera said...

Oh my goodness!!! I LOVE IT. You are super tallented!

Anie said...

That is so awesome! I love it, that is funny, Will and I have been painting today too! :) I will have to post some pics when we are done...

Lindsly Love said...

I really like this. I know you don't really know me. I have seen/talked briefly at youth conference! i thought I'd tell you that you are very talented!

The Wehrmeister's said...

love it. just love it

Tiffany said...

Wow! Check you out little Martha Stewart! What can't you do? It looks great!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE it! Good for you Sam!

Kelli said...

I am very impressed. Love it A LOT. Can i copy that idea for my downstairs fam room? It has ugly rose carpet..i was thinking of paintng the walls chocolate brown and putting some kind of rose/cream decorative painting on them but didn't know exactly what. The large scale is wonderful.