Friday, December 5, 2008

Bad mommy

So as I was getting ready this morning I was letting Sariah crawl around on the floor. Of course her new found facination is the cabinets under the sink. So she was banging them open and closed. I thought to myself, "I should move her so she doesn't smush her fingers...I'm almost done she will be okay..." Then as I'm going to get her, yep she starts crying. She had one hand in the side with the hinges and had used her other hand to shut the cabinet door on it. I felt like such a bad mommy. As I have my crying baby with an imprint in her little fingers from the cabinet. Ahhhh I should have moved her. Thankfully all her fingers are still working and the imprint is gone now and she seems fine. But no more playing with the cabinets!!

5 comments:

LA Law said...

Not Bad Mommy---Normal, busy mommy!

Lisa said...

I agree. Definately not a bad mommy. It happens to all kids. I can't tell you how many times I have thought "I really should move that, or do..." and a few seconds later something happens. Nothing catastrophic, just not good. I have learned to try to pay a little more attention to those promptings, but still don't always succeed.

Rob the Blog Ninja said...

Just know that they have to shut doors on their fingers a certain number of times before they figure it out. Might as well be a light cabinet door rather than a solid oak front door or a car door.

I'm letting Ryan play with hot, rusty, knives as we speak. They have to learn somehow!

Anie said...

I don't think you could ever be a bad mommy Sam! This is Anie, being the creepster again! Your little girl is so cute!!! It was nice seeing you last night.

Rebecca said...

I agree with all above comments. Not a bad mommy. I've done the same sort of things where I think "I should..." and then I don't and they smash fingers, use a whole bottle of soap to wash hands, etc.

Still we feel guilty and sad about it. We don't want anything to happen to our babies. (Or not have huge messes to clean up b/c we failed to listen to those, "I should have" thoughts)