Friday, December 19, 2008

Honey, you make me laugh

So many of you know that my husband doesn't always think about what he is going to say before he says it. So this often leads to foot in mouth syndrome. But occasionally what he says just cracks me up.

So I made dinner the other night. And I'm hurrying to eat it before leaving for a meeting. James is sitting next to me and is telling me how good it is. Here's sort of how it went:

James: Honey, this is some of the tastiest chicken I think you've ever made!
Me: (Giving him a goofy look)
James: It's not chicken.
Me: Nope it's pork chops.

I was still happy he thought it tasted so good! hehehe

Then last night he was working out and I was sitting talking to him on the couch. He had brought down a glass of water that was sitting in the tray on our ottoman. But while working out he grabs a glass of water from the ledge (this wasn't fresh..in fact I'm not sure when it was set there.) He proceeds to take a big sip and then realizes that it wasn't the water he had brought down. He goes and spits it out in the bathroom. I point out that I don't know when that water was from and that his was on the ottoman. He comes back in and want to rinse his mouth and somehow he still grabs the old glass of water. I'm dying laughing at this point as he realizes that he again got the wrong glass. This time he poured out the old water so there would be no more mistaking. It was just funny.

Not sure if these stories will make sense to anyone else. Maybe they are one of those you had to be there things. But I laughed pretty hard both times!

3 comments:

Anie said...

That is pretty funny! I love the the "tasty chicken" storey, I can relate to that for sure!

Rebecca said...

Your dinner story will make me smile even more when someone says, "Tastes like chicken!" Very funny. Oh, I LOVE the pigtails.

Shauna said...

AT least he is not blond also