Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Green beans and carpet??

So the one thing that I really didn't like about our house was that the dining room is carpeted. I don't know why they do this, but I see it all the time.



I've been having trouble with Sariah the past few days. I think she was on a growth spurt and was just eating a ton and now she's off that and not eating as much. But the past few days she wouldn't eat the veggies or fruits. She still liked the dinners and the Gerber rice cereal that comes with bananas in it (very specific- I know!) So I was really trying to get her to eat the green beans that I had put in the fridge from the night before- when she wouldn't eat them. She really doesn't like them cold. So I put them in a bowl to heat them up and still no success. So I gave up and got up to get something else. Apparently, I had the bowl too close to her chair and next thing I know...


















She thought the whole thing was pretty funny:



















But I think after she watched me scrub at the floor for a long time she felt a little bad:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

When I moved to KC I noticed that the dining room in our house was carpeted and then I started noticing that everyone's house had a carpeted dining room. It's the strangest thing. I've never lived anywhere else where this is the case. It might be a midwest thing. I thing she does look like she feels bad about you scrubbing the beans!

atrabilious creature said...

Words cannot sum up just how darn cute Sariah is....she is ADORABLE!
I bet you couldn't be to exasperated with her when she gave you that cute little sad face!

McAtee Family said...

I feel your pain - so much so that after Sophie doing this a million times (Haley never really did this) we bought a Bisel Carpet Cleaner. It is sitting in my garage right now - want to borrow it? It will amaze you when you dump the water - our always comes out black no matter how clean the carpet actually looks.

Lisa said...

I think that's why they invented area rugs. You can put one under the table. This can jazz up a space, but also helps hide any spills/stains that wouldn't normally come out of cream colored carpeting. It's easier to replace a rug than carpeting.