Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Biffed it at church

So Sunday, I totally biffed it at church. I had stayed to practice with the choir afterwards and was pretty tired since I had subbed for the Primary Chorister and had Sariah with me all through church. (James has to leave after Sacrament.) So I wasn't paying attention and obviously wasn't picking my feet up enough. I caught the edge of my shoe or something trying to go down the stairs from the pulpit. Thankfully there are only two stairs and some how I ended up like this:


I was kneeling with my feet on the top of the 2 steps and my knees on the bottom and holding Sariah. She wasn't hurt a bit. She cried because it scared her, but didn't get hurt. My knees were pretty sore and I am still wearing band aids on one of them.

Thankfully, there were only 2 ladies who saw, so I couldn't get too embarrassed!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

ohhh, don't you hate that! And isn't it amazing what we Moms can do to protect the babies we're holding while WE are FALLING!

Glad you didn't get too banged up.

Unknown said...

Scary!! I remember the time Julie Cayton got up to bear her testimony and the back of her skirt was tucked in the top of her nylons at the waist. She must have tucked it in there on accident when she went to the bathroom. She walked all the way to the pulpit with her backside showing and someone in the front row yanked it out for her. Everyone saw it! Talk about embarrasing! But she laughed it off pretty well!