Saturday, May 14, 2011

Zophran

So I've been on the Zoprhan pump for just over a week. It has been a lot more intense than I originally anticipated. Although I can now say it is making a difference and I'm finally feeling human.

They have upped my dose twice but I think this might be right now. Today was the first day I didn't need an extra boost called a bolus. And I didn't have any major nausea spells. YAY!!! I was even able to actually do some stuff around the house. I did some laundry and cut Ben's hair and gave the kids a bath. I wouldn't normally be that excited about getting to do this stuff but when you've been on the couch for two weeks it is a little nice to something.

The hard part is the "sites". That is where it sits and goes into the skin. My skin doesn't really like the Zophran. So it gets pretty sore and i end up with a 2-3 inch bruise at each place. So that is not as fun. And I'm changing it every day. But I'm willing to take it in order to not be throwing up.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

LA Law said...

I am so glad it is helping!!

Tina said...

The bruises don't sound like fun, but at least you are feeling better. I'm been thinking about you. 'Hope it's smoother sailing from here on out!