Monday, August 17, 2009

The manipulation has begun

Okay. That is such a simple word - okay. So how did my daughter figure out already how to turn that against me?

Sariah has started saying okay instead of yes. And it is totally cute. But I came to a realization with this. That somehow she says okay and then I've agreed to give her the item in question. how did that happen? She is a total talker and usually I can figure out what she is asking for. But I still usually ask her to just make sure I know what she is saying so here is a figurative example.

Sariah says "Book". I say "You want to read a book?" (Just trying to know if that is what she is asking for. Sariah says "Okay" And now somehow I've agreed to read her a book right then.

Sariah says "Bite" in the direction of my candybar. I say "Bite?" Trying to see if that is what she said. Sariah says "Okay" And now I've somehow agreed to share my candy bar with her.

Wow she's too smart!

3 comments:

Meagan said...

And I wonder where she got it from???? Hmmm... Let me think. I remember mom saying that one of us kids was able to talk her parents into anything. Now let me think, which one of us is the baby??

Unknown said...

*Rolling on the Floor Laughing Hysterically* Oh my....well welcome to toddlerhood.

I am totally with Meg in her comment too. Thank you for the laugh!

Rob the Blog Ninja said...

Um she is a princess, she shouldn't have to ask for a bite of your chocolate bar. She should have her own already..