Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sariah's Curtains

So I bought fabric months ago to add this decorative top to Sariah's curtains. This idea came from Angela Muir. Who should us how to make curtains and I loved the sort of fake valance idea. A few weekends ago, I had started the project but only got about half way into it. I forgot to take completely before pictures but this is half way.


So here comes the completion. In my wanting to do a project last night, I decided to finish this one. Sorry it was hard to get a good picture this morning with all the light coming through, but you get the idea...


I even made some tie backs out of the same fabric.





8 comments:

Kiera said...

oh they are cute! way to go!!!

Shauna said...

How cute, I always feel like a valance makes a window treatment!! love it. love it.

Big Willard said...

they turned out so good! I want to make some for my house!

Amber said...

Very cute!

Unknown said...

Nice job! I love the pink against the green walls.

Colton Anne said...

Very cute and I'm way impressed...I've tossed around the idea of purchasing a sewing machine...any suggestions on a good one? I don't mind doing things by hand, but it takes an awful long time and limits what I want to do!

Angela Muir said...

Love it!! glad i could inspire you to do something so adorable!

James said...

They look even better in person!