Monday, March 23, 2009

My kinda friend

Okay so James and I have a list. It is a list of people that we want to get to know better. People we want to have over for dinner sometime. Most of the time, we are lazy and don't get to it. However this weekend I decided to get prepared. So Saturday night, while James was out. I cleaned the kitchen and picked up the house. I went to the store and got hamburger and hotdog buns and some fruit. So that all we had to do was invite someone. Sunday came around and sure enough we decided not to be lazy and had a couple of families over. It was a great night. Nice weather, good food, and great company.

So here's where the title comes into play. During the night, the kids played outside. Well some mud made it onto shoes and the shoes made it into the house. Really no big deal to me. Mostly it was tracked where my carpet was already a mess from Sariah. But one of the wives mentioned that she had a carpet steamer she could bring over if I wanted. I shrugged it off as no biggie. Well she called this morning and said she felt bad about the mud and really wanted to come over sometime and help me clean it. So she came today and steamed my dining room carpet. I mean it seriously hasn't looked this good since before Sariah was born.

It was just the sweetest thing! Like I said- my kinda friend!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is really cool!

Nana said...

What are friends for !!!

McAtee Family said...

You gotta keep a friend like that!

LA Law said...

I could use a friend like that!

Colton Anne said...

I want to be her friend!! :) Just kidding!