Wednesday, July 2, 2008

We are in Cali

So we have arrived without a hitch. We left KCI at 11:30 yesterday. We got in and had a little trouble figuring out where to go for our rental car. We ended up having to call them and ask what pickup shuttle we were supposed to get on. We really didn’t mind though, because it was just GORGEOUS outside. So we just enjoyed waiting. We finally got to our rental car and then grabbed a bite to each. Then we made the drive to Camarillo. This is where James’ grandma lives. She is just the sweetest lady!! We just sat and talked for the evening- catching up, looking at pictures, and relaxing. James’ Aunt Susan stopped by and brought a play yard for us to borrow for Sariah. She lives really close (within walking distance if you don’t mind jumping a fence apparently.) We also got to visit with his Aunt Carin, who lives with his grandma. She and Grandma shared stories about his Grandpa. Telling us how inventive he was. That he was a great mechanic. That when he was 12 he took a car apart and rebuilt it. They have started his personal history story, but it isn’t quite done. They have promised to show it to us though.
Sariah did pretty good. She slept most of the flight and most of the ride to the house. Last night was rough for her. Normally, she is in her own room with no disturbances. Last night we had the porta crib in our room and she woke up when we came in to go to bed (despite our best efforts to be quiet.) So it took a while to get her to go back down. Then she woke up really early this morning. At that point, I just let her stay in bed with me and sleep. Thankfully James was a good sport and took her out this morning so I could snooze in a little longer. I think tonight we will try to put her in a different room. Hopefully that will let her sleep a little better.
So we are getting ready for breakfast with Grandma this morning. Sariah is back down for a nap. We are still planning out our week, but I think we will be going to Santa Barbara today.

So we decided to stop by the Camarillo Premium Outlets. Grandma and Aunt Susan had told us they were a hotspot to visit. James forgot his sunglasses so we decided we would stop by really quick and see what was so nice about it and pick a pair up and then head off to Santa Barbara. This was just after lunch. So about 7:30 PM we finally decide we have done enough shopping to require that we get more luggage to take everything home and that we should really go. It was SO fun! I don’t think James and I have ever shopped that much before. They just had so many stores. And unfortunately I have turned James to the dark side. He is now a bigger clothes hog than me!! So we got clothes and shoes at such good deals!! We just couldn’t resist. James is still talking me into going back and getting a coach bag. I want one but they are expensive. But the coach outlet has them for 40% off so I think I will give in and get one. (I know, I know- twist my arm and make me buy a new cute purse!! Hehehe) One great thing is that James never minds me shopping. Of course he normally sees it as an opportunity for him to justify buying something he wants.

Here is a picture of Sariah with her Great Grandma Ransom:




1 comment:

Catherine said...

How fun. Enjoy your week in Cali.