Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Update on my dad

I have been debating about talking about this on my blog for a while. It is a pretty personal thing, but I also don't want to have to call an update everyone and know that people would like to know. So here is a brief update on my dad. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer during the last test. The surgeon has decided to do the Whipple surgery on Thursday. It is a very long and in depth surgery. He will in be the hospital for a few weeks for recovery.

8 comments:

Catherine said...

I am sorry to hear that, your dad is a great man, please send him our love and prayers

Matt Craner

Amber said...

I'm so sorry! I had no idea! We will pray for him and you please call us if we can do anything for you!

LA Law said...

Thanks for letting us know. We will definitely be praying for your family.

Tina said...

I'm thinking about all of you. I'll be fasting tomorrow and checking the family Google group for info. It may seem silly, but I wish I could pace the hospital floors a bit too. I'll pace in front of the computer instead. ;)

Kate said...

Hey Sammy! I'm sure he will do great and pull through and he is definitely in our prayers! And check out that ADORABLE little girl!!!! : )

McAtee Family said...

Sam - James just told me this morning about your dad. I am so sorry to hear this - we will keep him in our prayers.

Please - call us if you need us to watch Sariah while you go visit him (the girls would LOVE it) or if you need anything else during this.

Rob the Blog Ninja said...

I'm glad to hear they are going through with the surgery. We will definitely be praying for him. Thank you for shareing

Rebecca said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. Your family will be in our prayers.