Friday, January 17, 2014

Thank you Walter

Tonight I am thankful for the movie Secret Life of Walter Mitty. If you haven't seen it you should. It is beautiful and sweet and leaves your heart feeling warm.

It reconnected me with my dad in the best of ways tonight. One of my biggest lessons of my dad being so sick was to cherish time with those we love. To really live life to its fullest. I knew my time was numbered with him and numbered much shorter than I would have ever wished. Anytime he called I seriously dropped everything to be with him. We did breakfast a minimum of once a week. I took him to appointments. It was some of my most cherish times, because I could really recognize how special it was. I would watch him with my babies and try so hard to mentally burn the images into my memory. It was my ghost cat pictures if you will.

Watching the movie just made remember those days with him and how wonderful and exciting it was to really be in the moment. Often my life is so full and I feel like I'm running every day all day long. And truly with my two boys I kinda am. But I hope I can refocus a bit. That I can recognize those moments again. Those glimpses of the purpose of life.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: