Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Get back in your bed

I'm currently sitting outside Eli's room. I just finished folding a load of laundry on the floor. And I'm sitting here repeatedly saying nope get back in your bed. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh the wonderful world of twos. For quite a few weeks bedtime has been a battle. Battle of wills. Eli has won a few nights but hopefully the war will ultimately go to me. I've tried locking him in his room. We currently have the light bulbs unscrewed so he can't play with the lights all night. And yet there is still plenty of wailing and gnashing of teeth. Tonight's strategy.... Trying for quiet. I'm letting his door be open but not letting him come out. Hoping if we can conquer the getting out of bed then nighttime will go more smoothly. Time will tell. As a parent you learn, even if the plan makes perfect sense it may not work. I don't have the time to sit outside his room every night for hours. Nor will my butt bone handle the floor that long. But tonight we will try it. And try to remember that I should cherish his littleness because this won't last forever.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

I said...

Lol- you have the light bulbs unscrewed! That's so funny.
Have you tried any of these switch guards? http://www.amazon.com/Light-Switch-Guard-Toggle-Shields/dp/B00ED2O07K

My aunt swears by them