Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

This was my first year to host Thanksgiving for the Ransoms.  Usually my mother in law has hosted, but this year it was at my place.  Thankfully, we do potluck so I wasn’t cooking every single dish.  But I had never cooked a turkey before so I was pretty stressed that I would give everyone food poisoning and salmonella. 
Wednesday, we made apple pie.  The kids wanted to help with the dough. 
IMG_1915
IMG_1921IMG_1920
And the glorious bird….  Thankfully it was cooked all the way through.  No one got sick.  And it even tasted good.  Thanks to my sister Meg who walked me through it and told me how to do it all.  Of course getting up at 5 AM about killed me and I hate nightmares all night about forgetting to start the turkey, so hopefully someone else will host next year. 
IMG_1925
IMG_1927
Some family shots….
IMG_1936

IMG_1943
James’ brother Mark wasn’t there.  So this isn’t all of the grandkids.  Not sure they will all fit anymore. 
IMG_1958
The siblings and spouses minus a few sets. 
IMG_1976

IMG_1980IMG_1984
IMG_1985
We barely squeezed into the front room.  But it was lovely to have all the adults at one table. 
IMG_1989

No comments: