Monday, February 25, 2013

No one is destined to fail.

Every person is different and has a different contribution to make. No one is destined to fail. (2012 October General Conference, Help Them Aim High, Priesthood Session - By Henry B. Eyring)

As I was reading conference talks tonight, this little bit stood out to me. I was just emailing James today that part of my stress is the I don't feel like I'm really succeeding at anything right now. My house seems to always be a mess. I've been short fused with my kids. Ben and I seem to always be battling (in particular). School is driving me crazy and I'm burned out. My calling in Primary leaves me lonely at church although I love the kids, the calling is a struggle for me. James and I get very little time together with our crazy schedules. Yep the failure list seems to be a mile long right now.

Then I read this. And tonight was actually a really good night. We had FHE. I took a nice relaxing bath. I didn't lose it when I got out of said bath and found Ben had gotten out of bed, gone in Eli's room and turned on the lights (thankfully Eli was still asleep), gone downstairs, gotten out scissors and after failing to cut into the donuts we had for our treat, he did shred into a cookie that he was half done eating. And yet I didn't yell, didn't get mad, didn't laugh (at least not in front of him). And calmly disciplined him and put him back to bed.

Reading this reminded me that I'm not meant to fail. And actually I'm not currently failing. Life is crazy. I still hope it will slow down some day. But I'm doing okay.

Enough ramblings for now.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I hear ya! We are intended to enjoy the journey, even when the road is riddled with potholes, it swerves and when it's icy on the bridges. I'm glad the Spirt gave you comfort and a great perspective. You are not here to fail, you are here to learn, and learning in some cases hurts. You are doing a great job Mommy! Keep it up, look forward and sorry, it never slows down.