Friday, November 4, 2011

How are you feeling?

I get this question a lot lately. I guess I should come up with a less snarky remark. My usual response is "Pregnant!". I'm now 36 weeks along. So ONE MONTH left! Possibly less if the baby looks big on the weight estimate I will have in 2 weeks.

I had my first weekly (ugh!) appointment yesterday. I really don't care for going to the doctor every week. I feel like I'm always there and I say I'm doing fine, they say you look fine, and I leave. But I know it is a safety thing and I should be a good girl and not complain.

I'm now 1 cm dilated. But barely according to the doctor. I was really hoping for more because I'm having contractions all day- everyday. I'm thinking I will probably get induced again so now for the waiting game.

Thankfully, I had a very productive day yesterday. I got a lot off my list. I'm mostly ready for this little one. All the clothes are washed. I plan to adjust the car seat straps today. My bag is halfway packed. The crib is ready just waiting till I'm a little closer to put clean sheets on. That kind of stuff.

Mentally, last night was not so good. The kids were a nightmare to get to bed. Still up fighting me at 10pm. I was literally sitting outside their door (crying) holding it shut with Ben screaming on the other side. One of those, I'm a horrible mom and can't handle these two and yet I will have a newborn soon.

Thankfully, it is a better morning. I'm renewed and positive again after a lot of prayer and listening to Jim Brickman to relax and sleep last night.

So yep I'm feeling pregnant and today so far positive.

Sent from Sam's iPhone

3 comments:

Tina said...

I'm sending virtual hugs your way! 'Hope today is better. You are getting so close, and I'm very excited for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Love you guys, and hope everything goes well this month...

McAtee Family said...

So, there will still be tantrums, yelling, screaming and all other sounds and emotions associated with toddlers. But soon, those super woman, I just gave birth and am a fierce protector and defender of 3, will kick in and you will amaze even yourself. Somehow, the things that need to get done will get done and all 3 will go to bed at night knowing they are loved by their momma.

So, till those new hormones take over, keep up with the praying and tears and know I'm thinking if you!!