Sunday, September 25, 2011

Not a team player

I’m the first to admit that I’m not really a good team player.  Especially in school.  I’m a VERY anal student.  I know that being in school brings out my OCD like nothing else.  I think that part of it is that I know I’m capable of an A and that if I don’t get an A in a class I feel that means I didn’t try hard enough.  I have had a few classes that were exceptions.  Where truly the professor thought their purpose in life was to never give an A to anyone.  Those classes I can let go of.  And I’m not saying this to sound full of myself.  I just know that I’m a good student.  If somehow I could make money at being a student that would rock! 

So I’ve started masters classes towards an MBA.  The first class I’m taking is Accounting for Management Decisions. So much of it is review for me.  It is an online class.  We have to do a team paper.  It is due by midnight tonight.  I’m pretty much ready to fire my group.  Particularly one girl has NO CLUE what she is doing.  I’ve had to draft much of her work for her and rework most of what she did on her own.  I only left one of her parts alone, because it was so confusing that didn’t know what to do with it. 

The main reason I hate team work in school is that I feel I have no control.  You can’t force the other people to be good students.  Even though you can do the team evaluation that doesn’t mean you won’t have major stress, have to extra work, and still have to turn something in that you aren’t completely proud of.  And have to work on it on Sunday even though you don’t normally do any homework on Sunday.   

 

Okay thanks for letting rant.  Yeah and I’m having major Braxton Hicks about it.  Tomorrow, I’m totally going to get ice cream!    

4 comments:

Rob the Blog Ninja said...

Ugh I hope you end up with a good grade Sam, i know you've been miserable with that assignment

Tina said...

I'm right there with you on group projects! Some folks are just slackers, and it's hard carrying them to get a decent grade. Boy, do I sound like an intellectual snob or what?! But it's true... 'Hope the grade comes back favorably for ya.

Rob the Blog Ninja said...

How did your project turn out?

Anonymous said...

Yea, the joys of online schooling. :)