Friday, September 10, 2010

Apprehensive

I'm not ready to go to bed because I'm not ready for tomorrow. See I've reach the point in my marathon training where I'm now going to run further than I've ever run before. 16 miles is scheduled for tomorrow morning to be exact. And honestly I'm scared. I know silly. Especially considering in a little over a month I've paid the entrance fee to run a lot farther than that. But well it is still very intimidating. I've never really done more than a half marathon (13.1 miles) in my life. So I decided tonight to cool some of my anxiety I would write out some of my motivation for doing the marathon.

1) It has always been a dream of mine to be able to say I've run a marathon.

2) With that it has been on my bucket list since my first half marathon that I ran before Sariah was born.

3) I want my children to know that if they want to do something bad enough they can.

4) I want my children and family to be proud of me.

5) I want to know that I can push myself further.

6) I am running with the thoughts and memory of those in my life who can't run.

7) I do actually enjoy running just to run. It honestly relaxes me.

8) I am thankful to have a healthy body.

9) This is the best time in my life to do this. This is my "marathon season"

10) I want to get my body into amazing physical shape.

So those aren't in any real order. But hopefully tomorrow when the run gets tough some of these thoughts will help push me through.

Off to bed now. :)

Sent from Sam's iPhone

2 comments:

Sam and Lacey said...

You can do it!

(You probably won't receive this comment until after your run, but I know you can do it.)

Have a blessed day! said...

Love this list. I wrote on my hand w/ sharpie my motivations to get me through the first full mara when I hit a wall. Now I do it for my long training runs.

Sounds like you have ALOT to be thankful for Sam!