Friday, October 31, 2008
I think it is going to be a blast. For those of you who paid attention to the original invite, James did practice last night ;)!
For those of you who can't make it, I hope you have a fun and safe holiday wherever you are!!!!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
But then I started thinking, that really you could make these for anything. Christmas- if you filled them with a little candy- what a great little gift for teachers or friends! Then I though beyond holidays and made this one below for my niece. I thought it would be a really cute little scripture bag.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Here's more of just Sariah (since I know that is what you really want to see!):
James: I made the shirt and hat and since he insisted on not wearing tights- he wore some brown pants he already owned.
Sam: Kiera and I hit the thrift stores that morning and luckily found this perfect blue nightgown for only $3.15.
Sariah: I made the tutu skirt, wings, and shoes and she already had the onesie, sweater, and tights.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
This first one is above our couch. I'm still debating whether it looks really nice or "handmade" (in a not good way.)
Close up of tree:
And I must give HUGE PROPS to my hubby. He is so patient with me having all my stuff out all over the house. And also is always willing to help me hang things-even when they aren't very easy to put up and get even and level...and well you get the point - HE ROCKS!!
This next one is on my wall by the stairs. I love it. And so far have had a ton of compliments. Which makes me feel a little more confident in myself.
Trying to show you where it is in the house:
If you want to see them in person- just invite yourself over! I won't mind!!
Friday, October 17, 2008
I have also come to realize that this may be an avoidance technique. I'm trying to avoid my real job and so I start all the crafty things I enjoy more. If only I could make money at the crafty things!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
I've been having trouble with Sariah the past few days. I think she was on a growth spurt and was just eating a ton and now she's off that and not eating as much. But the past few days she wouldn't eat the veggies or fruits. She still liked the dinners and the Gerber rice cereal that comes with bananas in it (very specific- I know!) So I was really trying to get her to eat the green beans that I had put in the fridge from the night before- when she wouldn't eat them. She really doesn't like them cold. So I put them in a bowl to heat them up and still no success. So I gave up and got up to get something else. Apparently, I had the bowl too close to her chair and next thing I know...
She thought the whole thing was pretty funny:
But I think after she watched me scrub at the floor for a long time she felt a little bad:
Monday, October 13, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
So last week, it was so nice out that I took Sariah out to the lawn. She wasn't really sure about the grass. She had just woken up from her nap and wasn't sure about being put down on something as weird as grass. She was just too cute to pass up pictures.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Here are the RULES, because you know these tags always have rules . . .
1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
I'm only going to follow rules 1 and 2. Sorry to spoil the fun!
My Tagger: Cheryl http://kckanenwishers.blogspot.com/ and Tiffany http://gradyvillekc.blogspot.com/
My 7 facts:
1) I hate to iron. I bought a steamer to try to avoid ironing. I have found that steaming is just a step above, but I still dislike it.
2) I like to run. It is sometimes hard to motivate myself to do it. But I really enjoy it.
3) I'm currently listening to Steven Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People on CD when I drive.
4) I do accounting for a small company right now. I have started taking on a few people's personal accounting and think some day I might switch to that. Not really sure how you get into the market, but if opportunities come up I would definately take them.
5) I love to take serious naps. And by serious I mean 2-3 hours.
6) Lately, I've become addicted to the financial shows. Not really about the economy persay, but rather about ways to cut back and save. With all the yucky news about the economy, people are again talking about budgeting and ways to save. I love that stuff.
7) I really want to be a great photographer some day. Right now I do it on the side, but I would love to do more of it and feel more confident in my abilities.
I try to think through things during the day so this won't happen, but lately it happens every night. No matter how prepared I am for the next day. I think I just have a lot going on and so my mind can't think through everything. I'm just trying to keep up and don't stop to have meditation time until I do go to bed.
I don't know what to do exactly to stop it. But since one of the many things I think about is all the things I need to blog, I will try to get up some blogs today! Maybe then I can take that off the list for tonight! :)
Monday, October 6, 2008
So if you want to come please let me know. If you want to bring your own beadwork, then go ahead- I would love to see what other people are working on. If you want to make one of these, just let me know which one or both!
(Sorry this pictures aren't great quality- they are from my phone because I was too lazy to get out my real camera!)